Anantheshwara and Chandramouleshwara temple
- Customary to visit this ancient temples of Udupi before entering the famous Krishna Temple
- Most ancient temple of Udupi dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Legend has it that Acharya Madhwa’s father served here as the temple priest
- When he shifted to the holy Pajaka kshetra, he carried a replica of Lord Ananthapadmanabha’s idol with him and installed it at Pajaka where it is worshipped to this day.
- The temple sanctuary bears the shape of the back of the elephant (Gajaprshta).
- Visit Sri Chandramouleshwara temple nearby whose architecture dates back to 7th -8th century.
- Adjacent to Shree Krishan Temple, Udupi
- 6 am - 6 pm (All days of the week)