- A New Year festival for Monpas
- A group of young people do perform Yak and Lion dances from door to door as mark of happiness.
- Religious flags are also erected on the roof top to their houses during the festival.
- Last week of Februar to First week of March
- Celebrated to chase out the evil sprits which usher in the diseases and misfortunes in both human beings and crops.
- A monastic masked dances with various well choreographed dance steps are performed in the courtyard of the Tawang Monastery.
- 28th day of the eleventh month of the lunar calendar (generally January)
- Commemorates the maiden discourse of Gautama Buddha on the Four Noble Truths to five of his initial disciples at the Deer Park in Sarnath.
- a visit to various religious shrines and offering obeisance.
- An aim to providing supernatural protection to the crops.
- Religious flags and images of the deities and religious books are also carried.
- This procession is led by two Kong-Yoks and behind them followed by a long queue of people with bulky and voluminous religious holy books.
- Seventh month of Lunar Calender
Customise with Holiday Plans!