- Called by Lutyens “one of the most interesting buildings in the whole of India”.
- Sits on a sandstone hill.
- Gates or Iwans are large enough to allow entry of War elephants.
- Several other structures around the mahal, including a fort, a palace, cenotaphs in the town.
- Collector’s Office nearby, which has been turned into a state museum.
- Heavy yet light, climbing three storeys high with apartments topped with domes and hanging balconies.
- Represents a zenith of medieval Islamic architecture.
- The relatively higher position compared to surrounding area made this palace a very important palace for the Mughals.
- Rs.5 (Indians)
- Rs.30 (Foreigners)
- Ram Raja, Jehangir Mahal Rd
- Betwa Tarang, Jehangir Mahal Rd
Customise with Holiday Plans!