Prominent Festivals In Madumalai:-
- Signifies the sweet dish of rice which is eaten on the Pongal festival day.
- Jaggery, Cardamom and cashew nuts are also included and the dish is dedicated to the Sun God (Surya)
- Celebrated in mid January every year
- Celebrated with immense passion and is dedicated to Lord Ganesha.
- Celebrated in months of August-September
- Large numbers of devotees carry ‘Chhatris’ and March towards Murugan temples and step forward with much fervor and chanting slogans, where flowers are offered to Lord Muruga
- Celebrated in January-February