Vizhinjam Rock Caves
- contains the rock cut sculptures of the 18th century in the cave temple at Vizhinjam.
- The granite cave encloses a one-celled shrine with a loose sculpture of Vinandhara Dakshinamurthi.
- The outer wall of the cave depicts half-complete reliefs of the Hindu God Shiva with Goddess Parvathi.
- Vizhinjam was earlier the capital of the Ay chieftains who ruled the southern parts of Kerala in the 8th century.
- The cave was left unnoticed for a number of years.
- 5.1 km from Kovalam Junction Railway Station
- Podiappooppans Kada , Venganoor Road
- S.S Bakery , Venganoor Road
Customise with Holiday Plans!