Best time to plan : September to March
- Located at the foot of the Girnar hills
- Literally translated, Junagadh means "Old Fort“
- An alternate etymology gives the name as coming from "Yonagadh", literally "City of the Yona (Greeks)," referring to the ancient inhabitants of the city under the Indo-Greek Kingdom.
- It is also known as "Sorath", the name of the earlier Princely State of Junagadh.
- After a brief struggle between India and Pakistan Junagadh joined India on 9 November 1947.
How to reach here :
: Buses are available from Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Porbandar
: Junagadh Railway Station
: Rajkot Airport (100 km)
Porbanadar Airport (113 km)
: Rajkot and Jetpur are connected via NH-8
Places to visit nearby:
- Porbandar (105 km)
- Jamnagar (138 km)
Plan Your Tour Now!!
In case you don't want to fill up the above form ,please share your contact details and we'll get back to you soon