St. Jerome Fort
- This huge fort is also known as the Nani Daman Fort.
- A large statue of St. Jerome who was one of the most renowned priests of the Catholic Church.
- St. Jerome, who was born Eusebius Hieronymous Sophronius, was the most scholarly of the Fathers of the Western Church.
- A clear insight about the history of Daman.
- This Catholic Church is one of the earliest seats of office and has an excellent altar with superb paneling.
Other monuments inside :
- Our Lady of the Sea Church :
- The most revered holy places of Daman
- Excellent architectural pattern
- The pillars are painted green and to complement the overall look, the doors of the church are painted brown.
- The name of the Church is written in Portuguese, “Virgen Do Mar,” literally meaning Virgin of the Sea.
- Jain Temples :
- Refined mural paintings
- Most of the paintings belong to 18th century
- Exquisitely and intricately designed and decorated inner walls.
- The walls have very elegant glass cover. The glass covers have 18th century murals. These murals represent the life of Mahavir Swami(founder of Jainism).
- 950 m from Daman Bus Station
- Nana’s Restaurant, Seaface Road
- Daman Delight, Seaface Road
Customise with Holiday Plans!