- World's 3rd largest Crater Lake ( Almost Circular )
- Formed due to a meteorite impact about 50000 years ago.
- Salt water lake + World Heritage Site.
- Change of water color from turquoise to parrot green .
- Surrounding valley is a heavenly abode of birds like flamingo, moorhen and peacock.
- Local belief : Lonar Devi resides here and she resists any kind of construction work near the lake. So a traditional rock path without any handrails will take you to the crater.
- Temples scattered all around the rim of the lake are 800 to 1000 years old.
Customise with Holiday Plans!